The Mindful of Race Institute is seeking a tech-savvy Communications and Marketing Coordinator. This contract position’s primary tasks are to work with the Founder to creatively integrate and simplify administrative operations and manage communications, strategic outreach, and audience development platforms.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the founder of Mindful of Race, Ruth King to do the following:
- Work with Founder to manage Teachable online learning platform, create and implement marketing campaigns and newsletters (for web, email, social) to promote Institute offerings and grow audiences.
Maintain a strong social media presence with relevant and thoughtfully crafted content and graphics to highlight Institute offerings (on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). Familiarity with creating and tracking Facebook ad campaigns a plus.
- Identify opportunities for growth and strategic partnerships.
- Design graphics and edit audio and video content a plus.
- Support in streamlining and integrating administrative tasks including technical software with computer interfaces.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing the Institute’s mission and brand in the language of the key communities and organizations with whom we interact.
- You are fluent in digital marketing tools including Teachable, Mailchimp, Canva, and other creative platforms that enhance administrative performance.
- You are familiar with social media management tools.
- You initiate and pay close attention to detail and can manage multiple projects without excessive supervision.
- Creative strategizing ability: you have a proven ability to craft compelling copy for a variety of channels.
- Creative with graphic design. Audio and video editing a plus.
- Familiarity with software applications that manage bookkeeping, expense reporting, and scheduling.
- You have a knack for problem-solving; have a can-do attitude; are willing to think outside the box; communicate with clarity and respect; and are a team player who takes initiative.
- You believe in a collaborative, communicative work environment that centers honesty, openness, curiosity, and respect.
Given the Institute’s core mission and values, we are looking for someone committed to the inner work of racial healing and to raising racial awareness through a mindfulness-based approach, ideally from the BIPOC community.
- 15-20+ hours a week
- Remote and flexible hours
- Hourly rate is commensurate with experience
Please submit a resume, a cover letter specifying your interest, two relevant samples of your work, and two recent references. Send to [email protected] with the subject “Communications and Marketing Coordinator.”
We look forward to hearing from you!