The Mindful of Race Institute is a small but dedicated team focusing on advancing racial awareness, leadership, and social responsibility through mindfulness-based training and development programs. We welcome applications for consideration at any time from creative and highly motivated individuals with an interest in the work of racial healing and social wellbeing.
For those looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities, we'd love to hear from you. Specifically, we welcome inquiries from those with strengths in marketing; online course, graphic, and web design; video and audio production and editing; and more.
Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in the Institute and how you see your role in furthering our mission to [email protected] with the subject “Work at the Mindful of Race Institute.”
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
The Mindful of Race Institute is seeking a Communications and Marketing Coordinator to assist with marketing strategy and implementation, audience development, and administrative duties. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Online Learning Manager to develop and manage e-communications, including newsletters and Facebook ad campaigns to promote the Institute’s course offerings and assist with customer support. The position’s primary objective is to raise the Institute’s profile through marketing, strategic outreach, and audience development as well as assist the CEO with administrative tasks.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the Online Learning Manager and the Institute’s founder and CEO, Ruth King.
Given the Institute’s core mission and values, we are looking for someone, ideally from the BIPOC community, who is committed to the work of inner racial healing and to raising racial awareness through a mindfulness-based approach.
- Maintain a strong social media presence with relevant and thoughtfully crafted content and graphics to highlight Institute offerings (on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
- Work with Online Learning Manager to create and implement marketing campaigns (for web, email, social) to promote Institute offerings and grow audiences. Familiarity with creating and tracking Facebook ad campaigns a plus.
- E-comms and outreach, which includes drafting and scheduling newsletters, special announcements, and offers to promote the Institute and its courses.
- Build out and manage online course affiliate marketing program and media outreach.
- Identify opportunities for growth and strategic partnerships.
- Design graphics and edit audio and video content.
- Develop processes for gathering, organizing, and utilizing testimonials from past and current participants, and other key communities.
- Assist Online Learning Manager in handling customer support, including responding to queries about courses, registration processes, refunds, etc.
- Sundry administrative duties, including assisting Ruth King with bookkeeping, invoice tracking, expense reports, and calendar management.
- Ability to communicate the Institute’s mission and brand externally, in the language of the key communities and organizations with whom we interact, both verbally and in writing.
- You are fluent in digital marketing tools, including MailChimp, plus you’re familiar with social media management tools. Familiarity with online learning platforms a plus.
- Close attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects without excessive supervision.
- Creative strategizing ability; you have a proven ability to craft compelling copy for a variety of channels.
- Creative with graphic design and audio and video editing a plus.
- Familiarity with software applications that manage bookkeeping, expense reporting, and scheduling.
- You have a knack for problem-solving; have a can-do attitude; are willing to think outside the box; communicate with clarity and respect; and are a team player who takes initiative.
- You believe in a collaborative, communicative work environment that centers honesty, openness, curiosity, and respect.
Details at a Glance
- Starting at 5 hours per week, with potential expansion of hours; flexible hours
- Remote possible
- Hourly rate is commensurate with experience
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two references to [email protected] with the subject “Communications and Marketing Coordinator.” In your cover letter, please specify your interest in the Institute and its mission as well as your relevant qualifications and experience. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
We look forward to hearing from you!